If you are a Contracting Officer:
1. The CO composes an “offer” letter to Mr. Coffey, the SBA official assigned to SAC. The letter “offers” the requirement to the 8(a) program. Upon SBA approval of the offer letter from the CO, an “acceptance” letter is then sent to the CO.
2. Negotiation process between the CO and SAC can now begin. Pricing and validation is discussed in the negotiation process.
3. The CO completes a SF1449 form awarding the contract to SAC through the 8(a) Sole Source Vehicle. If the CO needs assistance in writing an “offer” letter or preparing a SF1449, please contact:
Robert A. Coffey
Supervisory Business Opportunity Specialist
United States Small Business Administration (Kentucky District Office)
Phone: (502) 582-5971 x266
4. The 8(a) program contracting procedures can be found at FAR 19.8. See the link below:
5. Agencies/departments reporting to the Federal branch have their own supplemental regulations.
The DoD utilizes DFARS. In addition, The Marines and Navy utilize NMCARS. In short, a Marine Corps CO must conduct business while adhering to FAR, DFARS, and NMCARS.
To view and download our 8(a) Sole Source Award Program Click Here